Job Title: Outside Sales Associate
Compensation: Salary plus commission, incentives/bonuses
Rocky Mount Radiator is a family-owned business serving the radiator, air conditioning, and vehicle maintenance needs of the community since 1927. The recent addition of truck, bus, commercial, and industrial clients has seen Rocky Mount Radiator become a true leader in the heat transfer industry. As a result of this growth, we’re seeking an outside sales associate to add to our team. This position will play a vital role in both the management of existing relationships, and the development of new accounts.
Our team is the most important part of our business, and we treat them like family. We look for people who demonstrate determination, outstanding work ethic, and an eagerness to learn all facets of our company. They must put exceptional customer service first and possess the drive to make an immediate impact on a growing business.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Rocky Mount Radiator’s products and service offerings.
- Conduct market research regarding competitors, industry trends, and new opportunities.
- Work with management on strategies to close new business by being able to create and articulate a business case for each new opportunity.
- Develop weekly and monthly target customer lists to aid in planning sales calls.
- Create daily and weekly route plans to efficiently call on 5+ customers in-person, per day.
- Log each customer call (in-person and phone), action items, and necessary follow-up.
- Ensure that any customer complaint, issue, or inquiry is handled promptly and professionally.
- Ensure all accounts receive the most up-to-date marketing materials.
- Act as an ambassador for the company at local and regional trade shows.
- 0-5 Years of previous sales, marketing, or customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills. Comfortable in unfamiliar situations/conversations.
- Energetic and highly coachable personality.
- Familiarity with a sales technique/philosophy and pipeline management skills a plus.
- Computer literate – MS Office Suite, internet navigation, and order entry experience.
To apply, please send a resume explaining your past experiences and the names and addresses of three references to: